Now down to business. If you have any specific concerns please feel free to ask. I do my best to answer all questions. The following is what I look for in books. I do not always answer all these questions because some of the time they are just fine and don't need anything changed. If there is anything specific you are concerned with, then please let me know in an e-mail.
- Within the first chapter, was I compelled to continue reading?
- What captured my attention to keep me reading?
- Were there pieces of they story missing?
- How was the transition from scene to scene?
- Were there times too much or not enough information was given?
- Did the narrator tell me the thoughts, actions, or events as they unfolded or were they shown to me?
- Did the narrator tell from different points of view? Was it confusing?
- Did any characters disappear or show up without reason?
- Was each character unique?
- Did the characters act appropriately to their situation?
- Did all characters have a role with background or were they just to fill the space?
- Were the situations believable?
- Were there any major errors in the story?
- At any point did I want to put the book down? When and why.
- Which parts of the book was so exciting I couldn't put it down?
- How was the pacing?
- Was there some sort of convenient solution that came out of nowhere and clean up the issue at hand?
- How was the conflict? Too much or too little or just enough?
- Are there any parts that could use more or less conflict?
- How were the characters personalities? Did they match their character?
- What was my favorite and least favorite scenes?
- Were there any unanswered questions? (Obviously a series is going to have unanswered questions, but there shouldn't be too many.)
- Were there any words or phrases I didn't understand?
- Was any information repeated without need?
- Was the information given at a steady pace?
- How was the language?
- How was the mood of the story?
- Would I recommend it to a friend?
- Would I read the sequel?(Where applicable)
As I am reading if I see any errors I will notify you, however I am NOT an editor. I will only point out the errors if I notice them but will not be looking for them.
For deals and special promotions please like me on Facebook or follow me on Twitter. Feel free to share your story, and your experience working with me. Thank you!